Monday, November 17, 2008

Hayley Alice Grillo


Today, is a day that is very hard for me, a day i just hate waking up to because i know what this day is. Its a day i will never forget. Five years ago today, i lost my best friend to a terriable car accident. One that was not her fault, but really could not have been prevented. She was driving down a main road in Sacramento, on this rainy night, with her boyfriend going to get some food after she had gotten off work. When she hit a puddle of water, he car statred to hydroplane, and it got to a point where she could not control her vehicle, She cut across 2 lanes of traffic, and then into oncoming traffic, where she hit 2 vehicles. After that she was rushed to the hospital where her and Mike(her boyfriend) were places in the ICU in critial condition. They both had multiple injuries. Mike pulled through and is ok today, Hayley was not as lucky and after being on life support for about a week she passed away. I will never forget the feeling that rushed through by body, when they called me out of class...As i walked to the office a ran into 4 friends of mine and hayleys and i just knew what was coming, It was a very cloudy day and i knew by life was about to fall apart. After they told us we cried alot, lots of tears lots of hugs, we walked outside, and saw that the sky had opened up, and i knew that, that was her leaving us, It just this relaxing feeling knowning that she stayed with all of us until we found out, and then she went on to heaven to watch over us. To this day i remember everything like it was yesterday. I will never forget her.
Until we meet again. I love you HayHay

3 comments:

Denise said...

I am soooooo sorry for the loss of your friend! It is SOOOOOOOO hard to lose someone - no matter what age. But it always seems SO unfair when they are so young!

That was SOOOOOOO touching about how you said the sky opened up after you were told!

I have NO doubt she is watching over you and hanging out with you! :)

Trina said...

Aww...I love that you have her watching over you...and on your cute tattoo!! She loved you, I can even feel that!
Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Hi brandy, my name is ashley. I am hayleys sister. It was her brthday yesterday. I was just dinkin around on my phone and decided to google her name and ur siyte pulled up. Silly how things work out.I would love love to know everything about her . I have a daughter and her name is Rain Hayley. I loved my sister more than amyone could know. I talk to her everyday and pray that God will give her hugs from me. My email is jslaughterr1@hotmail.com if u want u should write me. I would love to here from u. I'll try to request u on face book too I hope to here from u Ash